Work with us.
Marketing & Communications Associate
Opera House Arts seeks a Marketing & Communications Associate. The Marketing & Communications Associate will work closely with the Executive Director and contribute to the overall success of Opera House Arts’ marketing and communications, community engagement and fundraising. The associate will
- create original content for digital media, and print
- write and distribute press releases
- support the documentation of Opera House events
- support communications for the fundraising team
- manage outgoing advertising/printing budgets and schedules
This is a year-round, part-time position. Compensation is $21–$24 per hour based on experience. To Apply: Submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line: (your last name) – Marketing & Communications Associate. No phone calls please.
Summer Production Assistant
Opera House Arts seeks a Summer Production Assistant (PA). The summer production assistant supports the production process for all live programming during the months of July and August, including theater production, Live for $5 performances, and concerts. This position reports directly to the Production Manager but works closely with the Artistic Director, General Manager, Operations Associate, Production Associate, and Stage Manager. This is a seasonal, contractor position with on-site requirements beginning in early July and ending August 31, 2023. Compensation is $5000. Housing is not provided.
- Providing ground transportation for artists to and from the airport, housing, rehearsals, performances, and weekly errands
- Serving as run crew on the season’s theater production and attending rehearsals as necessary, including all technical rehearsals
- Assisting with build and production as appropriate. Depending on the PA’s skills and interests, assignments may include electrics, costumes, carpentry, sourcing, and crafts.
- Assisting with the physical distribution of posters, flyers, and other marketing materials
- Assisting the Operations Associate with the management and maintenance of company owned vehicles.
- Attention to and accordance with Actors Equity Association’s Small Professional Theatre Rulebook
- Other duties as assigned
- Be over the age of 18.
- Have a valid driver’s license.
- Have a background in or knowledge of the performing arts and an interest in growing their skills in multiple areas of production.
- Be highly dependable and an excellent communicator, with a welcoming, professional demeanor.
- Practice safe driving habits and be able to drive at night.
The ideal applicant will:
- Have a background in production, electrics, costumes and/or wardrobe, carpentry, props, or stage management.
- Be actively pursuing a career in performing arts production as a student or early career professional.
To apply: please submit a resume and cover letter detailing your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: (your last name) – Summer Production Assistant. No phone calls please.
Front of House Associates - 21 and up
Opera House Arts seeks dependable, outgoing individuals aged 21 and up, who enjoy the arts and safely interact with the public to join our Front of House Team. The positions are year-round, part-time. Compensation is $18-20 per hour based on experience. Each position is 10-12 hours per week in the winter, weekend evenings, and 20-35 hours in the summer, weekday & weekend evenings. Additional hours are available if willing to train on light board, microphone setup, and other technical duties. Now hiring for the winter and summer.
Current responsibilities include:
preparing nightly house manager reports
setting up and projecting movies
supervising volunteers and/or student house managers.
Projectionist candidates must be able to lift 25 pounds.
To Apply: Submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line: (your last name) – Front of House. No phone calls please.
Opera House Arts is an equal opportunity employer and celebrates diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, creed, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, political affiliation or philosophy. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
Opera House Arts offers performance opportunities for professional actors (both local and out-of-town) and for non-professional community members, and we are always looking for new talent for our stages. While auditions for specific productions throughout the season are by invitation only, we hold general auditions each year. Please note: Full vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement of employment at Opera House Arts. We encourage actors of all genders, ethnicities, ages, religions, colors, national origins, sexual orientations, first languages, and actors with disabilities to audition.
Out of Town Members of Actors’ Equity Association
While auditions for specific productions throughout the season are by invitation only, we hold general auditions each spring. Once Equity general audition dates are announced, you can make an appointment by calling the New York Equity audition hotline. Please take note that Opera House Arts does not schedule appointments; all appointments are scheduled through the Equity office.
Local Members of Actors’ Equity Association, and Non-Equity Actors
Opera House Arts is committed to cultivating and celebrating the work of local professional actors. Submissions are accepted on a rolling basis. We will contact you directly to schedule auditions for a particular production. Please submit an electronic headshot and PDF of your resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Opera House welcomes local residents to represent our community onstage as chorus members in an annual professional production. Community chorus members may appear in group scenes, processionals, songs, and dances, and may have short lines. As an integral part of the production, they must attend all technical rehearsals, previews, and performances, but have a reduced rehearsal schedule.
Community chorus auditions are open to ages 10 through adult. (Younger children may audition and participate alongside a parent or adult caregiver.) No prior experience or training is necessary. People of all races, ethnicities, gender identities, first languages, and people with disabilities are welcome.
These roles are reserved for local individuals whose current career or education does not center on acting. Community chorus members may not play any role that would otherwise be cast with a professional actor and may not be members of Actors’ Equity Association.
To audition, please email email@example.com with your name and contact information.
Opera House Arts is not accepting play submissions at this time.
Would you like to volunteer and become part of the Opera House Arts family?
From gardening to ushering, popping popcorn or opening up your home to visiting artists— Opera House Arts offers many ways to get involved and help keep this historic cultural center humming along through every season.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how you can support the performing arts on Deer Isle.